Posts Tagged ‘embryo transfer’

Embryo Transfer

I had my transfer at 9am so I had to be ready to leave home by about 7:30 am which was quite ciclised.  I haven’t been sleeping well.  I’ve had sharp pain since retrieval along with a LOT of bloating but I felt this start to improve by about lunchtime yesterday and by this morning it was quite bearable.  Plus the swelling has dramatically decreased.

I see the Embryologist who tells me she did the assisted hatching and I am getting a 10cell embryo which is starting to compact.

Then Dr T tells me it was a 12cell grade 2.  I guess both measurements are correct depending on when they were taken.  So I’m off and running.  I’m trying to take it easy but N is not helping me on this score.  Fortunately there is no risk of spontaneous jogging or any other form of exercise.

So I’m waiting, and sweating (which I assume is from the progesterone) and will keep you posted one way or the other 😉

Advertisements

Well, it’s done.

My day started really well.  Mum came and picked the boys up – it’s school holidays – and then I went to Acupuncture.  I could really feel things happening.  Then it was off to my transfer.  I got a parking spot right out the front which never happens.  They kept me waiting for a while.  I spoke to the Embryologist who said they now had a front runner – an expanded blastocyst – that they had chosen to transfer.  The other little fella will be frozen today and his mate tomorrow if he makes it to blast.

A bit more of a wait and I went in.  I was the only transfer they had this afternoon so things were pretty relaxed.  Dr M is sooo good at what he does I barely felt uncomfortable.  A bit of a wait once they put the catheter in and it was all over.  I stayed lying down for half an hour then I was on my way.  Next stop Acupuncture again for another 45 minutes lying down.

I came home, had something to eat and (shock horror) fell asleep.

The wait begins!!

Decisions, decisions…

I spoke to Embryology and my transfer is booked for 11:15am tomorrow.  Now I am really agonising over how many to ask to be transferred.  My Dr will likely want only one but given my ‘lining issues’ I can’t see how this is increasing my chances.  Having said that if one works there is all likelihood both would and given my miscarriage history I don’t want to jeopardise things there either.  It is a really tough decision.

I think I will go with one.

I have Acupuncture booked for before and afterwards.  Here we go….